Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Take Off

There is a migratory bird that visits every winter. It's massive and it's beautiful. This year I didn't think we would see it because last year it was chased away by some people who were up to no good.

I was really surprised when I did see it in the fields right in the middle of the day. It usually visited early in the morning but this time it was there around noon. This is a lesser adjutant stork.

I was getting quite close to it when some other people working in the fields started walking towards it and it suddenly flew off. What surprised me about that was the fact that they seemed unaware of this massive bird flying right in front of them. I have no idea how people can ignore such beauty and majesty.

Anyway this is the shot I was able to get just when it took off. The noise nearly killed this shot but it's not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips