Monday, April 6, 2015

Intense

A friend of mine is directing a short film and when she asked if I wanted to visit the set and meet the people involved I just had to say "YES!". I visited the set a couple of times and had a great time interacting with the cast and crew. They're a really talented bunch of people. I'm not sure how long they've known each other but they've really built up a good rapport with each other and that, I think, is very important when you have to work as a team.

The first time I visited we all sat down after they had finished for the day to go through all the footage that had been captured. There wasn't enough space for everyone to sit down so I was standing. I noticed the cinematographer looking intensely at the screen and really studying every single frame. I knew that would make the perfect shot for him. So I took a picture and then later sent it to my friend. She showed it to him and he absolutely loved it. So much so that the next time I visited, the first thing he tells me is that he was really impressed. That really made my day!

I decided to do something a little different by adding a slight bluish tint to the image. Don't ask me why. Once I was satisfied with what my retouching I was just playing around with the curves and liked the way it looked like this.

People from all over the world sometimes write in and send me screenshots of their profiles or their desktop and mobile phone screens where they've used photographs that I've taken. That really puts a smile on my face. It also helps me really connect with strangers who I didn't even know saw or even liked my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips