Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Trap Is Set

When I was little I wasn't really terrified of spiders even though we had some really huge and scary looking ones. Sometimes we'd watch a giant spider weave it's web across our roof as we fell asleep.

My parents told me that if a spider went from one spot to another and then back to the previous spot a few times it was building its web. They were right of course and that always amazed me.

This particular spider had one of the most elaborate webs I have ever seen. It was actually built between three trees that were spread very far apart. I have no idea how it did it but it was actually beautiful.

Watching it weave its web wasn't boring either. Sometimes a strand would break because of the wind and so it would quickly scurry over and fix it before it got worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips