Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Drive

I am pleased to be able to finally share our latest short film with you all. I worked on the videography/cinematography, editing and mixing. It was a really fun experience and we all learnt a lot.

Today's picture is one of the frames from the film. This is probably my favourite shot in the entire film. This was the first time I was visiting a lot of these locations and it's really made me want to just go out and explore new places.

The theme we were given was "Hidden Scenic Beauty of North Bengal" A pretty good theme because we were able to show places that people usually overlook on their way to more poplar and clichéd destinations. I believe God's creation really is amazing and sometimes you just have to look closer to be able to find something absolutely stunning in something you might have otherwise considered mundane. So this was a really great project for me because I was able to combine my photographic knowledge and love for nature as a whole into creating something new.

It's titled The Drive (click through to watch it). Drive in this case doesn't refer to actually driving around. Rather it refers to passion and commitment. We wanted a story that people could relate to but at the same time not be distracted from our main focus - scenic beauty. Hope you enjoy it. We would really appreciate honest feedback and creative criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips