Monday, August 12, 2013

Tail Whip

We get a lot of these Oriental Garden Lizards in this are...or at least we used to until they cleared up the bushes in the plot of land adjacent to ours.

Anyway this particular lizard was on the wall after the rains just as the sun was coming out. In an earlier post I'd said that you shouldn't get too close to these lizards because they'll freak out.

Well I just wanted to see how close I could get. I'd gotten pretty close once before and that was great so I thought I'd do it this time too. Unfortunately there is a big gap between the wall and the place where I was standing and by gap I mean a trench sort of thing as I was on a raised platform. I tired leaning forward and got pretty close but then my foot slipped and the sudden movement spooked the lizard who flicked its tail at me for some reason before running off.

It made a good picture even though I wasn't able to get really close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips