Sunday, August 18, 2013

Throne Of Light

I haven't done a lot of light painting lately so I decided to get back to doing it.

Once I set about painting with light I realised I was out of practice and what would have taken me 5 seconds earlier took me about 15 seconds. I definitely need more practice.

Anyway I really like this particular chair and I've never done any light painting with it before so I thought I'd give it a shot and see how it turns out.

Just creating the streaks around the chair weren't enough and I had to light up the design on the headrest and the two chair legs as well. I used a home made diffuser for that (a piece of folded paper...doesn't get any simpler than that).

I'd forgotten how much fun light painting actually is :)

Btw if you want to get started here is a light painting tutorial for you to check out. (Just click on "light painting tutorial").
Weather permitting I'm going to try creating some orbs today with some torches (not ideal but it's what I have).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips