Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Acrobat

With no stunning sunsets lately I've looked at photographing other things. Sadly there are a lot of new buildings coming up and so they've started clearing and digging up the land so that means very little wildlife here. I haven't seen an adult Oriental Garden Lizard in a long time and I miss those beautiful creatures already. I saw a juvenile today and that was pretty cool.

Anyway dragonflies make interesting subjects. They're really great - so many varieties too. Of course photographing them can sometimes be quite the challenge but one good shot more than makes up for it all.

This particular fellow wasn't the patient kind (or maybe it's just me). It kept flying around without sitting for more than a few seconds in one places. That's where the SX50 HS really comes in handy because of it's massive zoom.

Usually I like to get up close but this time it kinda seemed impossible so zooming in was the only option. It worked out well so that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips