Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Light Portrait

I had this idea a while back or doing a self-portrait with light painting but had to wait till I got some EL wire. Unfortunately you don't get that here and so I had to wait till someone was visiting from the UK and asked them to bring a pack.

Doing this was tricky. I had to first shoot just the light from the wire for the background and then put a torch behind me so that the camera would capture a silhouette. The torch was pretty powerful so it ended up getting a lot of light in the front as well.

Then I had to combine the two in Photoshop which is when I decided to take it a step further. I decided to make it look like a ghost of some sort. That's when I decided to do the red eyes and the hint of blue in the face - kinda like blue fire. It ended up reminding me of Ghost Rider :D

Anyway suggestions are always welcome :)

On a side note - I'm going to make a slight change to my posts on G+ since they think all my links to the blog are spam. I'll share each post as usual but will not be adding a link my posts as that gets flagged.

Also planning to revive my Youtube channel which I've been neglecting. It will start with a Best of 2013 video so stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips