Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I'm All Eyes

One night when it was raining my dog, Dixie started barking his lungs out. Now he has very different barks for specific things. For example if he wants food then he barks in a certain way. If he sees a stranger he barks in very different way...and so on. So this particular bark could either mean a snake or a some other creature that he didn't like.

I immediately rushed out to his kennel with a torch and a stick in my hand because it was dark and I didn't know what had riled him. He was looking at this little puddle and barking at it. I pointed the torch beam towards that puddle and all I could see were two very large eyes looking straight at me.

That could only mean on thing - a frog. From a few previous encounters I knew that he didn't quite like this particular frog. He was fine with other species of frogs and toads but for some reason didn't like this particular one. So I dropped the stick and ran inside to grab the camera instead because I knew this was a rare photo opportunity.

I was able to get some good shots because the water was muddy and the reflection was crystal clear. The frog just kept staring at me (or the camera, I couldn't tell). The mosquitoes gave me a really hard time. My legs were covered in mosquito bites and blood (from ones that I managed to squish) by the time I had taken only a couple of shots. It was worth it because I just love the shots I got :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips