Monday, July 1, 2013

Staring Back

Remember the Oriental Garden Lizard (I just feel the need to keep typing the entire name and not just "lizard" for some reason) fight I spoke of, a couple of posts back? No? Well you should go and read that post then :)

This little fellow wasn't involved in the fight and was on the fence the whole time but he was the only lizard there that seemed happy to be photographed. He stood perfectly still (as long as I was at least one meter away) and kept posing.

I was really really happy with this picture because this, to me, seems so natural. The lizard is looking back at me and it's got its tail up in the air. At the same time its limbs are in a such a position that it can easily run off as soon as it senses danger (read: photographer - in this case, me). It held this pose long enough for me to get down on the ground in front of it and get this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips