Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pretty In The Dark

Many people say I come up with unusual captions and I agree with them. Truth is my captions are actually the first words that pop into my head just before I write my daily blog post.

Anyway that's that. Now for today's picture. This little butterfly was in an overgrown part of our garden. I had just gone out to check the lock on the gate when I noticed this butterfly in the grass. So I got my torch out and tried to take a few pictures but ended up getting frustrated.

Finally I resorted to using the pop-up flash. I didn't want to use the pop-up flash (I had to manually make it "pop-up") because that would result in some really harsh light and I didn't want that. But that was all I had and it got the job done.

Quick tip. If you want a more diffused and soft light then place a sheet of paper in front of the flash and then make it fire. You'll end up with some really soft light. Remember that the paper does cut out some of the light so you might have to increase the flash power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips