Wednesday, March 20, 2013

An Evening in the Fields

Its sad how we can fail to notice so many tiny things in life that are actually so beautiful and can go a long way in lifting our spirits.

The funny thing is it took me a really long time just to get to place from where I wanted to shoot the sunset that evening because I got caught up taking pictures of some dragonflies flying around. I then happened upon this happy couple :D I was careful not to disturb them and was able to get a good shot.

I did have quite the walk back home. I tried to hurry back but instead got my shoes stuck in the mud and when I tried to pull my leg free I toppled over. I held the camera above my head to protect it. I'm glad no one else was there to take a picture of the funny position I found myself in.


I also happened upon this sparrow that was enjoying a feast. It was blissfully unaware of my presence and didn't seem to bother even when it saw me. It looked really great and did put a smile on my face.


My original plan was to just capture the sunset. It was just perfect with the various colours in the clouds and the light shining on the raw grains of rice. So instead of just taking one single shot I decided to experiment with HDR photography. I decided to take and HDR shot of the sunset. I had only recently heard about HDR and was pretty excited about learning a new technique.

For those of you who don't know what HDR is - HDR is the acronym for High Dynamic Range. Its basically when you take multiple exposures and then later combine them to create a photograph that is closer to what you actually saw with your own eyes. I'll work on a tutorial as soon as I'm done with the light painting tutorials (which should be up tomorrow).


The fields are teeming with life and there are just so many things to take pictures of. A word of advice - if you plan to go to the fields to shoot just one subject then I would suggest you don't concentrate on only one subject but rather look around you. Look carefully and I assure you, you'll find some other interesting subject to shoot in addition to your original subject.

With advice comes caution - don't try and shoot everything that catches your eye because I don't think it's humanly possible to do so as there is so much. Plus if you try to do that you'll be stuck there for a really really long time. You definitely do not want to be there after sunset when it gets dark as that's when the creatures that might harm you come out. Also when you are in the fields be wary of snakes which might be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips