Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Mouthfull

When you live in a place where there are tons of cows you are bound to see egrets among them. These bird follow the cows and eat insects off of the cow's. Its a symbiotic relationship where both (the cows and the birds) benefit - the birds get to eat while the cows get rid of irritating parasites.

I've only ever seen these birds eating insects or worms from the fields or the cows so I was quite surprised when I noticed this particular egret with a frog in its mouth.

These birds are really shy and fly off as soon as they notice a human coming towards them. Thankfully this little birdie was too busy with the frog that it didn't bother when I stopped to take a few pictures.

It kept shaking the frog and I began to wonder how it would fit such a large amphibian down its throat. After about 2 minutes of shaking its head it promptly went on to swallow it with ease.

After that it noticed me and flew off. Always the shy one :D

Btw if you have any suggestions whereby I can make my blog better and my posts more fun to read and follow do let me know and I'll do my best :)

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips