Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Flypaper

Ever so often an idea pops into my head that I can't start working on immediately. I realised that if I didn't make a note of these then I would forget them which is why I now have a "Photography Bucket List" of sorts. It is not really a "bucket list" but I like to call it that.

I mentioned this list because yesterday's image is one example of what is on my list. Of course I will not be able to work on all of the things on my list because of time and also lack of equipment but maybe in the future I will finally get round to creating some of those images. Today's image has been on my list for over a year now and I finally tried to make it work two days back.

I tried lighting the book from different angles until I found on that worked. In case you are wondering this is in fact a long exposure shot. If you have read my light painting tutorial you will have noticed that I said that even subtle movements are made more prominent in long exposures. This is one of the cool effects that can be produced because of that property of long exposures.

I know it is not perfect yet but I'll try to perfect this the next time I try it.

I named this "Flypaper" for two reasons. Flypaper actually refers to glue coated paper that is used to catch and kill flies. I got so caught up in creating this image that I didn't keep an eye on my watch and time just flew past. So in a way this was a trap for me.

The second reason is pretty obvious - the paper looks like it is flying.

Well I hope you enjoyed today's picture and as always if you have an comments, feedback, questions...anything please leave a comment.

Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips