Sunday, March 17, 2013

Glorious Chair

A glorious chair? Really? Kinda.

This is the result of my latest light painting endeavour - light painting a chair.

A chair is a pretty common piece of furniture and we use these everyday so I thought it would be nice to look at it in a different way. So I decided to create light trails around it.

It took me around 15 minutes to create one picture. The batteries on my flashlight died out and I nearly broke the bulb. Now the camera I'm using doesn't allow me to use a shutter speed that is slower than 15 seconds and it also doesn't have Bulb mode so I was forced to take multiple pictures and then combine them in later.


Now this is a lot more complicated than it might seem but it is still really really easy. I'm working on a proper tutorial and will hopefully have it up soon. I do have a light painting tutorial up on Youtube which is like an introduction to light painting. There are couple of other light painting tutorials that you could check out. I'm embedding the Light Painting Tutorial below for you to watch and learn.



Here is one of my first attempts. This is also a different angle.

Any questions? Feel free to leave a comment.
In case you are wondering, the flashlight is in proper working condition and I will try to perfect this :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips