Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Statuette

I must say that this picture was somewhat unexpected. I didn't expect to see an Oriental Garden Lizard on the wall that day simply because I was in a rush to get to college and I didn't think I had time for much else...until I actually saw this beautiful creature sitting on the wall.

I just had to grab the camera and get a few shots. I always thank God for these shots (or any other shot for that matter) for two reasons - first He created these beautiful creatures and second they stay there without getting spooked when they don't have any reason not to be spooked. I owe it to Him.

So I grabbed the camera and thankfully it was still on the wall unlike so many times before when they'd run off within the few minutes it would take me to get the camera out.

For some reason the camera had a really difficult time focusing and I had to throw away quite a few shots. This is surprising because the auto-focus on the SX50 is usually spot-on in bright daylight. Anyway, this was on the better shots where the eyes were in focus. I've said this before and I'll say it again, 9 times out of 10 getting the eyes in focus is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips