Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sky Glory

We've had some pretty awesome sunsets this year and so I've been able to get some really cool shots.

I have God to thank for that :)

I had to put this image through photoshop because the image SOOC (Straight Out Of Camera) wasn't really what I had seen. It just didn't capture the beauty of the sunset that evening.

I increased the contrast a lot then used the Dodge and Burn tools to bring out the detail in the shadows and highlights respectively. It was only after a minute of using these tools that I was satisfied with how it turned out because this image just gives you a glimpse at the stunning sunset that evening.

The real sunset was way more beautiful and surreal. The colours were really dramatic.

Which brings me to another thing...someone asked me how I'd retained only the yellow in yesterday's picture and removed all the other colours. Simply - I didn't. Yes, you read that right. The colours are all natural. No adding or removing of any colours at all. That's just how beautiful and stunning the sunset was and I'm glad you all enjoyed it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips