Monday, June 24, 2013

Supermoon 2013

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know everyone is putting up pictures of the supermoon but trust me this is going to be different. "How?" You ask? Well simply because the moon was behind clouds for most the night so getting a clear shot of the moon was nigh impossible.

But I did manage to get some cool self portraits done.

I know I've always said that the SX50 HS is really bad for night photography and I'll stick to that statement. I would have preferred a better camera but you work with what you have so I tried to make the most of last night.

The moon did manage to steer clear of the clouds for a while yesterday and I did get some good details but I'm not going to share that today. The SX50 is perfect for close-up detail shots though.

I wanted to get the entire scene in focus (me included) but that was going to be impossible with the highest f-stop on the SX50 i.e. f8. Plus stopping down to f8 meant that I would get a relatively dark picture which is not what I was going for. I wish I could amp up the ISO but I can't so I had to deal with that.

These are just two of the pictures I took yesterday. I took loads more but I liked these two. As for the light on my arm - that's a torch. I used one of my slippers (flip-flops) to balance it on a brick so that it was shining on me the entire time.

Hopefully I'll have a better camera during the next supermoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips