Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sinister Smile

We get a lot of frogs here so a picture of frog shouldn't me much of a problem right? Not really. For some reason the frogs here are super shy and a co-operative specimen is a rare find.

So I was happy when this little fellow decided that he would sit perfectly still while I went and grabbed the camera and a torch and then took a few pictures of it. I have God to thank for that :D

Plus the frog seemed to be literally smiling which was an added bonus. Next time I see this frog I'll let it know that it is now famous :D

I used the torch to light the frog up because it was really dark and I knew from past experience that the camera would have a problem auto-focusing. With the help of the torch the camera had no problem focusing and once I had locked the focus (by switching to Manual Focus) I switched the torch off and then took a few pictures using the built-in flash.

If you have an external flash then I would highly recommend that because the built-in flash gives out a really harsh light that sometimes ruins an otherwise perfect picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips