Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bony Fingers

Sometimes the most mundane things can stand out because of something else.

Case in point - today's picture. There are these plants in our garden that have leaves like palm trees and have these tiny fruit that is 90% seed, 8% outer covering and only 2% sweet nectar. The branches on which these fruits grow only appear just before the buds come. Honestly, I hadn't given these branches a second glance because I was more interested in photographing the bees and insects that were attracted to the flowers and fruits so I got a new perspective one day when the sun was setting behind an overcast sky thus giving it a warm glow.

To me the branches looked that the fingers of a skeleton reaching out and beckoning to something on the ground. So the sky enabled me to see this in a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips