Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bugged

This again is one of the first 10 pictures I took when I got the camera back.

This little beetle was really busy. I don't really know what it was upto because I'm not sure whether beetles drink nectar or eat flowers. Do they?

It was gloomy day and thus the light was diffused which is pretty good for macro photography but since it was late in the evening the level of light was pretty low. I don't really like to use the built-in flash for macro shots because it produces really harsh shadows that don't really enhance the image most of the time. So I used a slow shutter speed and raised the ISO but not a great deal because noise is a massive problem with the SX50.

The challenge with nature photography is that most of the time you have to work with whatever light you can get and you have no control. It might take a while to get it right but it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips