Tuesday, April 2, 2013

An Unruly Moustache

Cormorants are sometimes difficult to capture around these parts because there aren't many water bodies nearby. The only water bodies are dirty, shallow streams that are surrounded by plants so you can't really photograph anything that is in the water which can be sometimes disappointing.
Don't mind me...I'm just the one with the white moustache.

As I was cycling along this stream this cormorant jumped out of the stream and it looked like it had a weird moustache. Turns out it had caught a rather large fish. I say large because it is relatively rare to find a fish of this size in water bodies here.

Anyway it went on to thrash the fish in the air and finally swallowed it whole before jumping back into the stream and completely immersing itself in the water.

I hope it had a nice feast that day and I hope you eat well today and have a great day as well :)

Tomorrow's post might come a little late because I have an exam in the evening but I will put it up so stay tuned.
I'm also working on a tutorial where I will show you how I created my "Flypaper" picture. If you haven't seen that picture yet then scroll down to the "Blog Archive" widget towards the left of this blog and you'll find a post title "Flypaper". Check that out.

In case you missed it, I've added a new page to this blog called "Personal Favourites". You might want to visit that page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips