Sunday, April 21, 2013

Just Resting

We have a lot of  bees and wasps here where I live and I quite enjoy them. Until I got into photography I never realised that there were so many varieties. They are beautiful if you look close enough.

I don't really know what kind of a bee this is but I see it quite often here and I've always wanted to get a good picture of it. This particular picture if the best I've gotten of this little beauty and it amazed me. Right from the eyes to the furry legs.

Bees and wasps wander into our house quite often and often can't find their way out and I have to pick them up (not bare handed...for obvious reasons) and let the out and it does make me smile when I see them fly away. I've taken quite a few pictures of this bee when it has wandered in but I was never able to capture it properly in its natural environment until I got this picture.

We had recently erected a bamboo fence to prevent people from treading on the small bushes and I was really happy to see this bee perched on it. Thankfully I also had my camera in hand and was able to get this shot before it flew away. I've noticed it never stays for more than a few seconds in one place which makes it difficult to capture properly.

I've never been able to get this close to it again and I'm hoping that I will someday get an even better shot :)

I hope you had a great Sunday and a great weekend (it's Sunday evening here so the end of the weekend).
Back to college tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips