Friday, April 5, 2013

Sun Bathing

I like dragonflies. Not that I don't like other creatures. I like all creatures but dragonflies are pretty common here and do provide great picture opportunities.

Like this little fella here just perched on a twig under the mid-day sun. So happy :)

A little tip for those of you who want to get close to these insects while photographing them. Don't make any sudden movements. Approach them slowly. I've noticed it helps when you approach them from the back or side and then move to the front. Dragonflies will stay perched for quite a while in one place so you can take your time. Even if it does fly away it will come back to the same spot so just wait for a few seconds.

That's it for now. I'll now get back to recording a tutorial so stay tuned for that. I'll let you know as soon as it is done :)

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips