Monday, April 8, 2013

Brown Shrike

I discovered...ok! I didn't "discover" this bird so much as notice it.
I noticed this bird last year near the place where I live. Now, I love nature and when I see a new bird I can't get it off my head until I have take a good picture of it and have identified it. After the first sighting I didn't see it for a very very long time which made me wonder whether I would ever see it again.

Thankfully I did see it again...and again...and again and I never get tired of this bird. It looks so elegant and poised. It is beautiful :)

Here is another picture of a brown shrike in some bushes.

Sadly, the bushes were cut down an burnt a few days after this picture was taken and now no birds visit this place because they have no resting place and have lost their home :'( Apparently the owner of that plot of land plans on selling it so he got it cleared.

I seem to be the only one who is saddened by this loss of greenery. Are people blind to such beautiful creatures and nature in general? Why doesn't anyone care?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips