Thursday, April 25, 2013

Get In There

Another flower picture. I hope you are not getting tired of these pictures.
This is another flower that bloomed on the same plant yesterday's picture.

I choose this particular caption because of the inset on the flower. Yes! There is an insect there if you look closely. It's a tiny green one. If you didn't notice it the first time, you are not alone. Most people who saw the image never noticed the insect until I pointed it out. This to me is a little strange because the green really stands out from the pink of the flower.

If you look at the labels that I've assigned to this post you'll notice that this picture was taken using Canon's latest superzoom camera - the PowerShot SX50 HS. This is a pretty good camera but it doesn't have a wide aperture and so you can't really get a shallow depth of field. So, how did I get such a shallow depth of field in this picture? One word - Photoshop. I used the "lens blur" filter. If this spoils the image in your opinion then I'm fine with that because everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that as well. I think it made this look better. The background was already blurred but certain stems near the petals of the flower weren't as blurred as you see them now so I think the filter enabled the flower to really stand out. This is another tip so you can try it out on some of your pictures. Don't overdo the blur though because it WILL ruin the picture and make it seem unrealistic.

That's it for today. Hope you liked the picture and learned something as well.

Take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips