Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Upside Down

A few years back a small child brought a few flowers to the primary school that my parents run for the local village children. Those flowers grow wild here and so no one really paid attention until that child walked up to my mom and asked her to look at the flowers. Lo and behold! My mom was surprised because there were some small yet really really beautiful insects on those flowers. She brought one of those insects home and I saw them when I got back from school. Unfortunately at that time I didn't know how to use a camera so I couldn't get a good picture.

I didn't see these insects for years. Last year I went out into the garden to shoot a few flowers and I was surprised to see this insect under this leaf. I was really excited because I hadn't seen it in a very long time. The sun had already set so level of light was very low and I had to use a relatively slow shutter speed and the insect kept moving so that made it difficult but I was able to get this shot of it just before it flew off.

The colours on these insects are really vibrant. Could you help me identify this beautiful insect?

How is the weather where you are? It's quite cool here. The sky is overcast but we had a really amazing sunset today. Sadly, my Dad is out of town so I don't have access to a camera.

Have a good day folks :)

2 comments:

  1. Great capture Daniel !
    Very beautiful , looks like some kind of beetle -Such a vibrant color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot @deana . I really appreciate it :)
      Lets hope Kim know what kind of an insect this is.

      Delete

Blogging tips