Thursday, April 11, 2013

Basking in the Sun

I am really glad that the place where I live isn't a concrete jungle. There are farms and even though they are small ones they do make the place look good. Unfortunately all this is changing and loads of people are moving here and constructing their houses here.

More houses means more electric cables as people obviously need electricity nowadays. One advantage of having wires is that birds tend to rest there. Unfortunately they might get electrocuted sometimes which is very very sad but when they do perch on these wires it provides a really good photo op.

I wandered out one day just as the sun was setting. There were no clouds in the sky so the sunset wasn't dramatic but I noticed this kingfisher on this wire. It kept looking towards the sun for some reason. It was as if it could tell time based on the sun's position in the sky and was just waiting to return home at an appointed time after a long day of fishing :D

It stayed there for a really long time and it was still there when I went away.

In case you haven't been following me on Facebook, Twitter and of course Google+ you may have missed my recent update. I just uploaded another tutorial on my Youtube channel. You can check it out :)

Feedback is always appreciated - any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips