Thursday, May 9, 2013

All Alone

We have these plants that someone told us is called the "African Bush". I was much younger when I heard that but it still sounded like a pretty weird name. Turns out that, that particular "name" is completely untrue. Unfortunately, no one here can ID the plant.

Every once in a while flowers bloom on the plant. Now these aren't your typical flowers with soft petals and all that. These are rock solid! The female flowers have a bluish colouring to them and the male flowers are larger and completely brown like dried leaves. Before you say anything - Yes! There are male and female flowers...look it up :)

Most of the time these flowers bloom in clusters but this one in particular was all alone. I wanted to portray this lonely feeling because quite frankly I was feeling quite lonely that day. All my friends were out watching movies and roaming the city and I was at home. At least I had a camera with me :D

Anyway if you folks have any suggestions - as to what kind of pictures you want to see do let me know. I apologise if yesterday's (and today's and for the next few weeks) picture wasn't really "great" and "bland". I can't post process my images because my laptop crashed so forgive me for that. Normally I add a bit of contrast and maybe dodge/burn parts of the image to bring out details but I haven't been able to do any of that since my laptop crashed.

That's it for now. I'm posting this a little early because I have to study for tomorrow's exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips