Saturday, May 4, 2013

Crouching Lizard

I wanted to title today's post "Crouching Dragon" but decided against it. Seriously, I now can't get the whole "this looks like a dragon" thing out of my head.

Anyway this shot was taken a few minutes after this particular Oriental Garden Lizard had shed its skin. It stayed still for hours while its skin came off and then it slowly moved away. Every species of lizard that I have noticed till now is really still and docile while it is shedding its skin. I'll have to do some research to find out why they stay so still.

As a matter of fact you can still see a few pieces of its old skin near its left eye.

In this particular pose it almost looks like a snake - a snake with legs! At least to me it does.

Have a great Saturday/Sunday (depending on your time zone) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips