Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Leafy Lunch

Today's picture is going to be an Oriental Garden Lizard.

I've lost count of the number of such lizards I've seen. Then again, I might just be seeing the same lizards over and over again, there is no way to know for sure.

I went to play with my dog in his kennel when I noticed something red moving in the branches above me. Sure enough it was a lizard with its red head. The males have these red heads to attract females during mating season.

I walked away quietly and slowly and then ran to get the camera. I've honestly never seen a lizard eating leaves (definitely not from this tree) so this was a first for me. It got into weird positions and started munching on some leaves. I was able to get a few good pictures before it finished its meal and wandered off and hid itself among the leaves and branches.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my laptop repaired next week and then maybe I'll post process these pictures better and then re-upload them to separate, appropriate albums on my Google+ profile and Facebook page. I'll let you know when that happens so you can check it out.

Have a great day (or night).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips